Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cranky pants, Monsterbukser

Our darling granddaughter Yr is starting kindergarten. She is 1 year old, and still so tiny, but ohh so ready to play with the other kids. I wanted to make her some nice warm pants in wool. Gender neutral, fun colours. Luckily I had heaps of yarn of same quality, Silja. It is a sock yarn, meant to stand some wear and tear, and for someone still crawling really fast of the floor, I think this is a good quality wool yarn. And it can be machine washed. As you can see, there are room for the little one to play in these pants.
I have just staerted to use my knitting machine, and these are made on it. Stitched theets and eyes on afterwards. The trick to use leftover yarn is to wind it up in similar sized balls, so both legs can be identically (unless you want it more random).


No comments: