Friday, December 10, 2010
pattern is from a Danish designer. Find more at Designclub.dk
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Last Time I was in London I stopped by I Knit london to buy some knitting equipment, and I noticed this Purple, red, orange yarn in wool. Zauberball. I just knew I needed some of that yarn. So far I have made two set of gloves with the yarn. The dark set is sized for Sofie (surprise, surprise the young lady lost several knitted items at school). The lighter pair is for a niece.
Monday, May 24, 2010
I have wanted to learn double knitting for a long time. It seemed like a useful technique, but I did not crack the code on my own. You tube is a great thing, the show you how to....
Sunday, February 28, 2010
This is the nightmare project. I started it a year ago when we lived in Lagos, Nigeria. The plan was to have something nice and warm for when I returned to cold Norway. It went well, until I startet with the sleeves.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
This is a failed periwincle. (It doesn't know, and neither does Sofie!) But it looks like a flower at least. May be it exist in the floral world to?
Sofie is very found of flowers, butterflies and everything remotely connected with summer. So when this hat was done, with only one colour, she decided that to like it, it needed some decorations.
Since I bought the book 100 flowers to knit and crochet, I have just flipped through it and decided it woyuld be a nice gift for someone better at crocheting than me. But Sofie flipped through it and begged me to make some flowers, a bumble bee and a buttefly. I love YouTube, there are lessons in doing different crocheting stitches there. So I managed. I also made a red hat for Marte, same pattern, no flowers. And a black one for me. The trick is to use smaller knitting needles for the rib, the switch to large knitting needles. (I started with 4, and ended with 7 mm).
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Friday, January 29, 2010
I have a friend, i wanted to make some gloves for. These days are colder than what we are used to. I basically enlarged the size of the gloves by adding some vertical lines in the outskirt of the pattern, and removed the most girlish of the colours from my gloves.