Tuesday, February 18, 2014


I found a great pattern at Ravelry - called Dreambird
I choose to knit it in Drops Lace yarn (Alpacca and silk) combined with Viking Nordlys.
It was a fun pattern to knit, and Nordlys gave colours I liked.

Now the big question is: how and when to wear it :-)

Monday, February 17, 2014

Sweater for Rigmor

Rigmor needed a warm woolen sweater, for the cold days. I let her look through a few of my knitting books, and in "Mange masker" by several Danish knit designers, she found a sweather she liked. Sys Fredens "bluse med sjalskrave".
Recipe suggested "Donegal fra Lang Yarn" on needle number 4.
We combined two of Geilsk yarns, thin wool and tweed, and used them for the pattern. And Rigmor found the exact colours she liked. Which neither my cell phone or Camera are able to do justice :-)

The advantage was - Easy knitting, back and forth, and nice neck solution.

The disadvantage: sewing. Shoulders, neck, arms, sides.
And in addition: I messed up!
Big time.

First I sewed the shoulders. Everything ok. Then adden one sleve, and sewed from wrist to side.
Sterted to watch a documentary with Snowden- a really good interview- and I sewed the other arm and side from reverse. Had to use the needle to remove stitches and do it all over again.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sweater for Yr

After the cranky pants, I wanted to knit a sweater for the little darling. I used red Silja Yarn from Sparkjøp. This time i knitted the front, the back and the arms as seperate parts on the knitting machine- until chest-high. Then I joined them all on a circular needle and knittet back and forth across all four parts, decresing every 7th stitch after 10 rows, then dereasing every 6th stich etc- until every second stitch.

At the same time I splitt the front in 2, having 10 stitches passed the middle on the needle, picking up stiches underneath to make an easy pull on and off opening.

After having knitted the top, I was going to sew it together from wrist to armpit and down the side- I noticed that the little girl had grown, and that the sweather was long enough, but would be very "slim", so I picked up stitches all the way, and knitted rib back and fort and joined together with the stiches as I went along.

The result was ok.