Monday, February 17, 2014

Sweater for Rigmor








 
Rigmor needed a warm woolen sweater, for the cold days. I let her look through a few of my knitting books, and in "Mange masker" by several Danish knit designers, she found a sweather she liked. Sys Fredens "bluse med sjalskrave".
Recipe suggested "Donegal fra Lang Yarn" on needle number 4.
We combined two of Geilsk yarns, thin wool and tweed, and used them for the pattern. And Rigmor found the exact colours she liked. Which neither my cell phone or Camera are able to do justice :-)


The advantage was - Easy knitting, back and forth, and nice neck solution.




The disadvantage: sewing. Shoulders, neck, arms, sides.
And in addition: I messed up!
Big time.



















First I sewed the shoulders. Everything ok. Then adden one sleve, and sewed from wrist to side.
Sterted to watch a documentary with Snowden- a really good interview- and I sewed the other arm and side from reverse. Had to use the needle to remove stitches and do it all over again.




No comments: