Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fingerless gloves for my cousine







I went to a nice birthday party last weekend. My cousine turned 50 and she had invited all the family, and many turned up. Nice to get reunited with those we had not seen for years! Well, I decided to make her something she could use. She runs a restaurant very close to the water, in one of the Norwegian fjords. We both grew up spending childhood years in a fishing community off Bergen, on Askøy. So I decided to make har fingerless gloves with fish, in green and white. Again, thin pure wool, thin needles. As those with an eye for details might have noticed, I inversed the colours of the upside and underneath the gloves. So depending on her preferences she can have green with white fish and stripes, or white with green fish and stripes.

No comments: